The Director, Credit Production and Analytics is positioned to make a significant impact by providing leadership for the implementation and analytics of credit risk expected loss, internal capital and regulatory capital processes for both retail and non-retail portfolios. The Director will lead the production of all regular and on demand deliverables essential for the Bank’s credit risk measurement, management, and regulatory compliance objectives including: IFRS 9 implementation, ICAAP reporting, and regulatory capital optimization projects. This challenging and rewarding role will provide the opportunity to collaborate and partner with internal and external stakeholders, and develop a high performing team to attain deliverables. The Director will report directly to the VP, Exposure and Capital Analysis, Global Risk Management.
1. Works closely with key stakeholders in developing the IFRS 9 end-to-end process, which includes project planning, data reconciliation, model implementation, control process, governance and reporting.
2. Provides credit risk analytics support to internal clients, including Executive Offices, Finance, Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Ratings Management, Enterprise Stress Testing, Information Technology & Systems (IT&S) business lines, and Global Risk Management executives.
3. Collaborates with IT&S to develop change controlled environments for the IFRS 9 parallel year, production and strategic states. This includes reporting automation, data flow infrastructure and security controls
4. Conducts a comprehensive review of credit regulatory capital measurements for retail and non-retail credit risk portfolios, including understanding OSFI and Basel requirements, Bank data process flows and industry best practices. Initiates and implements capital enhancements where appropriate and ensures the Bank is proactive in keeping its regulatory and inter capital measurements current
5. Contributes to business growth by proactively working with Global Banking and Markets (GBM), Canadian Banking (CB) International Banking (IB) and other business lines on regulatory and internal capital methodology, implementation timelines and priorities allowing them to use capital more efficiently
6. Develops a high performance team (approximately 10) through effective leadership and coaching to fulfill IFRS 9 implementation, ICAAP production and regulatory capital optimization associated deliverables improving operational efficiency of the internal capital production process
As the ideal candidate you have:
§ Master’s degree or PHD with concentration in finance, quantitative discipline, or CFA designation
§ Advanced training in financial risk analysis through 5+ years of experience at major financial institutions
§ 3+ Years of hands-on experience in implementation, execution and interpretation of portfolio credit risk modeling tools and systems
§ Experience providing leadership in interdisciplinary project teams involving multiple internal and external stakeholders including: business lines, risk management, and technology.
§ Advanced computer skills as applied to manipulation and management of large databases, and implementation of complex analytical procedures (SQL, SAS, Excel, Access, R, VBA, Matlab)
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex report findings and recommendations to executives, training to internal users, and liaise with industry participants
§ Results oriented with proven ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining high quality work and meeting deadlines
§ Ability to effectively lead a team and promote excellence fostering a positive environment
§ Flexibility and creativity in problem solving, innovation and path-finding ability
To apply, please contact Nancy Karnaos: firstname.lastname@example.org