Scotiabank is hiring for a Senior Manager, Exposure and Capital Analysis, Global Risk Management. Please kindly contact hiring Manager at Wilson.Ling@scotiabank.com.
· Conduct a comprehensive review of credit regulatory capital measurements for wholesale and retail credit risk portfolios, including understanding OSFI and Basel requirements, bank data process and flow, industry best practices, and initiate capital enhancements where necessary. Ensure the Bank is proactive in keeping its regulatory and economic capital measurements current.
· Identify possible capital efficiency and optimization opportunities, work with stakeholders to assess impact, develop a plan for alternative capital treatment, oversee the plan execution, manage communication and lead implementation of credit risk regulatory capital (RC) models for both retail and non-retail portfolios.
· Work closely and proactively with Global Banking and Markets, Canadian Banking, International Banking and other business lines on RC focused issues with consideration of EC issues to maximize risk adjusted returns and other constraints (e.g. leverage ratio) by taking a holistic view of the balance sheet and regulatory requirements. Keep abreast of regulatory capital methodology and implementation timelines and priorities to contribute to business growth. Explain, seek feedback, and provide diagnostics and analytical support to allow the business to use capital more efficiently.
· Apply specialized knowledge of RC rules, risk management and financial products in capital optimization and efficiency identification and implementation. Manage and maintain relationships with IRM, RRM and Enterprise Risk Analytics for their ongoing capital model development priorities as it relates to credit risk capital for both retail and non-retail portfolios.
· Identify sources of excessive conservatism in wholesale or retail related capital models, resolve capital implementation issues and prioritize regulatory capital model issues with IRM, RRM and others.
· Be the GRM owner for credit regulatory capital RWA methodology and independently verify material modifications and enhancements to credit risk regulatory capital models to ensure that changes are implemented correctly and without excessive conservatism.
· Design and implement IFRS 9 Expected Credit Loss calculators and systems. Coordinate deliverables, data, models and reporting with other IFRS 9 stakeholders such as IT&S, IRM, EST, Finance and Enterprise Risk.
· Work with other ECCE team members to expand its suite of analysis and reports to serve the needs of GCIB, GCM and other non-retail credit businesses.
· Contribute to business growth by providing independent capital analysis for one off transactions or transactions proposed to reduce risk and capital.
· Develop and maintain the documentation of regulatory capital models. Provide model documentation and liaise with the model user groups.
· Ensure compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Manage timely resolution of audit and regulatory issues.
· Research industry best practices to ensure capital risk measurements are keeping pace with industry and regulatory developments and evolving expectations; provide ongoing peer benchmarking.